Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not sync selected music to iPhone 5

I'm running Windows 7 with iTunes 12.1 and an iPhone 5 on iOS 8. Typically, iTunes will just run through 6 steps to go through a complete sync, most of which is transferring songs and updated apps. However, after uninstalling my music library today from my iPhone 5 and then re-installing it, I noticed many of the songs I used to have on my phone were not transferred. Besides that, the songs remained grayed out on the "On My Device" tab in iTunes. They are available to play in iTunes, so I know the files are not lost. They synced up before I installed the 12.1 iTunes update, but now when I try to sync it only runs through steps 1 or 4 or 1 of 6 in less than 5 seconds. It's always inconsistent as to how many steps it actually tries. I've tried logging in and out of iTunes on both my windows PC and iPhone then logging back in, syncing over WiFi and restarting both devices including iTunes, nothing appears to be helping to restore the songs to my iPhone. Some of the songs are purchased songs from iTunes, which makes me wonder what else could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 4:03 PM

Still nothing, huh? Seems that iTunes has failed me. Tried many of the options listed in this group, from the iFunbox to restoring the phone, nothing has helped. I will be calling Apple tomorrow to try and get this sorted out. Thinking that my iTunes store purchases reverting back to my 2008 purchases has something to do with it. All of my purchases from 2008 and up are gone from my purchase history. Anything prior is now there as a recent purchase. This is frustrating beyond belief.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 4:03 PM in response to Killermalibu

Still nothing, huh? Seems that iTunes has failed me. Tried many of the options listed in this group, from the iFunbox to restoring the phone, nothing has helped. I will be calling Apple tomorrow to try and get this sorted out. Thinking that my iTunes store purchases reverting back to my 2008 purchases has something to do with it. All of my purchases from 2008 and up are gone from my purchase history. Anything prior is now there as a recent purchase. This is frustrating beyond belief.

iTunes will not sync selected music to iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.