Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I shared my iCloud address with my mums phone but now when she sends iMessages or facetime, the phone thinks it's me how do I stop this please

I Shared my iCloud address on my mums new phone then deleted it but when facetiming or sending iMessages it uses my number

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:33 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 1:52 PM in response to david.menzel

If it's ok to clarify in simpler terms for my understanding

even though I deleted the account within minutes, the phone will continue to use my number.

This can only be rectified when I set up a new account and make it live following the steps you listed above

will it then change to her number on sim and will she then be able to facetime and iMessage as herself

your help is much appreciated

Mar 5, 2015 1:58 PM in response to samanthafromwickford

As I wrote, it seems as if your number is still associated with your mothers device for iMessage and FaceTime. That's why asked you to check the menu:

1. "Settings > Messages > Send & Receive"
  2. "Settings > FaceTime"

Furthermore, yes, I would recommend setting up her Apple ID/iCloud account on her device in "Settings > iCloud" + for the above mentioned iOS Settings. Of course, it would help, if you insert her sim card with her number, too.

Yes, this combination should fix the issue.

I shared my iCloud address with my mums phone but now when she sends iMessages or facetime, the phone thinks it's me how do I stop this please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.