Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Revoking App-Password Bug

I have been experiencing a number of issues with my account and 2-step password activation ever since Apple decided to require an app-password for Messenger and FaceTime. One daunting issue has been the fact that I'm now required to enter my iCloud password every time I restart any one of my devices. It doesn't usually accept my password so services begin to not work properly, such as messages not synchronizing among devices and FaceTime calls not ringing on all devices at once.

To fix this I will go to applied.apple.com and revoke the app-password for the app that's not working properly, but doing so revokes the app-password for ALL apps on all my devices, despite the fact that they remain in the app-password history as if they were still active and functioning. This would of course require that I assign new app-passwords for everything, only to repeat this cycle again when I restart a device.

Revoking one-password should not revoke ALL passwords, otherwise it renders having a "Revoke All" password button kind of moot. I am beyond frustrated!

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:02 PM

2 replies

Revoking App-Password Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.