Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the difference between "Server HD" and "Macintosh HD2"?

-----------------------------------------------

Mac Mini 2011 (year?)

OS X 10.10.2

Processor 2GHz Intel Core i7

RAM 4GB

-----------------------------------------------

This is a two-fold question.

1. My Mac is running incredibly slow. Would having the main HD as the "Server HD" help to cause that? (I know it may just be Yosemite)

2. What is the difference between "Server HD" and "Macintosh HD2"? Why do I have the two?

Thanks in advance!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:38 PM

Sounds like you have two HDs in your Mini and have the server add-on. One HD is likely the startup disk and the oterh a data disk.

If you go to System Preferences>Startup Disk. What disks are listed as startup disks.

Describing your slowness and running this and posting the results will help resolving the slowness

EtreCheck

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 12:38 PM in response to fotozabet

Sounds like you have two HDs in your Mini and have the server add-on. One HD is likely the startup disk and the oterh a data disk.

If you go to System Preferences>Startup Disk. What disks are listed as startup disks.

Describing your slowness and running this and posting the results will help resolving the slowness

EtreCheck

Mar 5, 2015 1:30 PM in response to fotozabet

To answer your 2nd question: Looks like the only difference between the 2 is Server HD has OS X, apps, user accounts and data. The Macintosh HD2 has movie projects and a movie library. Why you have two hard drives is a question you have to answer.

To help with #1, you can follow lllaass' post regarding Etrecheck and maybe see if something is bogging down your system. Having the main drive (Server HD) as your startup/system drive should not cause a slowdown.

What is the difference between "Server HD" and "Macintosh HD2"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.