Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone got wet while taking pictures in the rain. iphone 5S, IOS 7.1.2. I have to use an "assistive touch" to change things. I am trying to set my phone so that the screen will rotate from landscape to portrait when I rotate my phone.

I have an iPhone 5S which I got wet while taking pictures in a heavy rain. The home button doesn't work, but someone showed me about the assistive touch alternative. I am trying to find out how to set my phone so that I can rotate the screen from portrait to landscape since I don't have a home button.

I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:37 PM

Your phone suffered hardware damage from the soaking. The only solution is to replace it.

However, the HOME button has nothing to do with screen rotation. That control in on the control center, which just requires swiping up from below the screen.

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 2:12 PM in response to maggielou

I've used AssistiveTouch on all of my devices, even though their Home buttons are fine. Hardware buttons have a finite lifetime measured in cycles . The Home button is the most used button on iDevices. I'd rather just use AssistiveTouch and leave the hardware Home button alone. I only use the hardware Home button once in a while.

iphone got wet while taking pictures in the rain. iphone 5S, IOS 7.1.2. I have to use an "assistive touch" to change things. I am trying to set my phone so that the screen will rotate from landscape to portrait when I rotate my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.