Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't Final Cut Pro X export in 1080P

I'm trying to export video in 1080P in Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4. Every time I click the share button it says I'm exporting in 720P. I tried to change it to 1080P and its greyed out. I even tried click share to Apple device in 1080P still 720. I verified all the clips are 1080P. I've never had this problem before its always just done it. Heres a screenshot of the share screen.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2011 with discrete graphics card

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:38 PM

11 replies

Sep 16, 2015 6:42 AM in response to yuewoo

My guess is the OP won't see your question since his issue was solved over 6 months ago.

Unless you change the project properties FCP will export the same resolution or lower as the project (with some exceptions). In the Share dialog for 1080p Apple Devices you would be given resolution options of 1080. 720. 540 and 480 if your project were 1080. However if your project were 720 the Share dialog would give you only 720, 540 and 480 choices.

So take a look at your project properties( command-j) in the Inspector, If they aren't what you want, click the Modify Settings button and changes them.

Russ

Sep 18, 2015 9:06 AM in response to Russ H

OKAY EVERYONE GOING THROUGH THIS ******** HERES HOW YOU FIX IT . . . .

THE FIRST THING YOU WANT TO DO IS COPY EVERYTHING IN THE CURRENT PROJECT YOUR HAVING ISSUES WITH, SELECT AND COPY ALL PROJECT FILES AUDIOS CLIPS IMAGES BLAH BLAH BLAH

NEXT STEP YOU OPEN A NEW PROJECT, NOW ONCE YOU OPEN A NEW PROJECT IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WANT YOUR QUALITY "CUSTOM" OR "DEFAULT SETTINGS" CLICK ON THE CUSTOM ONE AND PASTE EVERYTHING YOU JUST COPIED, THATS ALL YOU DO, HERES A PHOTO PEOPLE ONCE AGAIN COPY EVERYTHING AND COPY IT INTO A "NEW PROJECT" MAKE SURE ITS ON "CUSTOM QUALITY" DO NOT CLICK ON "DEFAULT SETTINGS" THAT WILL AUTOMATICALLY SET IT TO 720HD SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL I RAP BY THE WAY LOL WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/KHAOTICTV HAVE A NICE DAY AND GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!!!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Sep 18, 2015 9:30 AM in response to JosueRalda

OKAY EVERYONE GOING THROUGH THIS ******* PROBLEM HERES HOW YOU FIX IT . . . .

THE FIRST THING YOU WANT TO DO IS COPY EVERYTHING IN THE CURRENT PROJECT YOUR HAVING ISSUES WITH, SELECT AND COPY ALL PROJECT FILES, AUDIOS CLIPS, IMAGES BLAH BLAH BLAH

NEXT STEP YOU WANT TO DO IS OPEN A NEW PROJECT, NOW ONCE YOU OPEN A NEW PROJECT IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WANT YOUR QUALITY "CUSTOM" OR "DEFAULT SETTINGS" CLICK ON THE "CUSTOM" ONE AND PASTE EVERYTHING YOU JUST COPIED, THATS ALL YOU DO, HERES A PHOTO INCASE YOU GET LOST, ONCE AGAIN COPY EVERYTHING AND "PASTE" IT INTO A NEW PROJECT MAKE SURE ITS ON "CUSTOM QUALITY" DO NOT CLICK ON "DEFAULT SETTINGS" THAT WILL AUTOMATICALLY SET IT TO 720HD HOPE THIS HELPED EVERYONE, BY THE WAY SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL I RAP BY THE WAY LOL WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/KHAOTICTV HAVE A NICE DAY AND GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!!! (:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Why won't Final Cut Pro X export in 1080P

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.