Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find Friends Location on iPhone not working after reset

My grandson recently reset his iPhone 6 for reasons related to certain music not syncing properly with iTunes. As a result of the reset, his location is labeled "not available" in the Find Friends app when others are trying to find him. He can still see his friends locations. They just can't see him (his phone). Interestingly, in his Find My Friends app, under Me, it shows "location services off". But under Settings, Privacy, Location Services, it shows "On" and Find Friends app is showing "While Using". His iCloud account is also showing Share My Location as "On" From his iPhone ("This Device").

Any help as to what could be causing this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken Templin

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:51 PM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2015 2:39 PM in response to KJTemplin

We were able to fix the issue by doing the following:

In Settings select Privacy, Location Services and scroll down to the bottom and select System Services. While everything was green (switched on), we turned Share My Location off and then back on. His location is now available to his friends (and parents). I have no idea why this worked to fix the issue, but it did.

Ken

Find Friends Location on iPhone not working after reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.