Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match Not Working

I recently have been having problems getting iTunes Match to work on my Macbook Air mid-2013 running iTunes 12.1. It might only be $25, but I am pretty dismayed by Apple's lack of support for iTunes Match. No help. Discussion articles suck. No management tools.

My issue:

Turn on match, and the computer goes through step 1. As step 1 completes, I get an error message about having hit the iTunes Match song limit. However, this freezes the whole iTunes Match process, and the start button on the 'Match' screen ends up grayed out. The match does not complete, and I am not able to see any of my songs in iTunes Match.

No problems seeing iTunes match using other iDevices. So, having something to do with this specific iTunes install and iTunes Match.

I have tried a number of things. Not really excited at prospect of having to rebuild my library. Any help appreciated.

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:15 AM

Hi,

If you have reached the 25k limit, iTunes match will no longer update on your computer. If you want to add new tracks to match, you will need to delete some existing tracks. Read this Managing iTunes match with over 100k tracks

Jim

2 replies

iTunes Match Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.