Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Already have wireless network, need help for set up of time capsule for wired backup only.

Hello all -

I have a time capsule that plugs into wall and used a wireless network to back up computer. It would always mess up internet afterwards so I would unplug the time capsule and reset internet until the next back up. my time capsule now will not link into my computer. It just flashes amber. Spoke with apple and was told to come on here and ask for help for setting up time capsule for a wired backup only and to mention that I have a wireless network.

Hope any of this makes sense.

Thank You!!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:21 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 3:25 PM in response to KnR82203

Spoke with apple and was told to come on here and ask for help

Really? The paid professionals at Apple told you to post on a forum where users.....just like you....are trying to answer questions? We'll try to help, though.

For starters, please tell us the make and model of the modem/router that you have now that is providing your wireless network.

Already have wireless network, need help for set up of time capsule for wired backup only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.