Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does AOL screw up safari on my Mac and My iPad?

When ever I try to view the AOL website on my Mac or my iPad I seem to have troubles displaying the pages.

1.) On my iPad the safari app just closes (crashes) on many occasions.

2.) Safari on my Mac the AOL slide show flashes on and off an leaves half of a picture from a previous slide in the frame.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:34 PM

4 replies

Mar 7, 2015 12:39 PM in response to goodoldbob

Hello goodoldbob,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your devices. If you continue having issues loading specific pages on both your iPad and your Mac, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined on the following pages helpful:

If Safari displays a blank page or unexpectedly quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Safari 6/7 (Mavericks): Solve Safari problems

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Mar 8, 2015 4:22 PM in response to goodoldbob

I came here because of a similar problem: certain pages of the AOL website do not display or function properly in Safari on my iMac but do just fine in Firefox and Chrome. The Comment feature on some of the pages does not work when you click it, and some of the photo galleries do not show up at all - a situation I've had to work around for months by switching browsers to see the galleries and read the comments--This page for example will not work properly in Safari but will do just fine in Firefox and Chrome. Safari also does not pass the Acid3 code test. Please fix these features for my favorite web browser Safari:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/03/06/stars-step-out-in-sexy-styles/21150614/?ic id=maing-grid7|main5|dl36|sec1_lnk2%26pL…

Why does AOL screw up safari on my Mac and My iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.