Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage Issue

After interrupting a download or installation of Adobe some time back, my laptop went high wire, I don't know what really happened to it, at the start it was taking very very long time to Start up, so I was never shutting down my laptop and I managed. Then, it was just not starting. I gave it to one my friends he did something and he managed to get it starting (he advised me to get whatever I want and format it), yet I was lazy to do so. I am not really a heavy user for the laptop I just use for watching movies and series, so I managed somehow. Nowadays, I noticed that I can't do any update and I can't download anything. When I checked the disk utility, it appeared that the available space in my startup disk was actually 0 byte, and if I delete this 0 byte doesn't get affected.

Thereby, could I have any help?

Thanks,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:44 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 3:02 PM in response to AD Lover

Install or Reinstall OS X from Scratch

Boot to the Recovery HD:

Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.

Erase the hard drive:

1. Select Disk Utility from the main menu and click on the Continue button.

2. After DU loads select your startup volume (usually Macintosh HD) from the

left side list. Click on the Erase tab in the DU main window.

3. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Optionally, click on

the Security button and set the Zero Data option to one-pass. Click on

the Erase button and wait until the process has completed.

4. Quit DU and return to the main menu.

Reinstall OS X: Select Reinstall OS X and click on the Install button.

Note: You will need an active Internet connection. I suggest using Ethernet if possible

because it is three times faster than wireless.

This should install the version of OS X that you had installed.

Storage Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.