Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you make Verizon Yahoo email work with Safari?

We have been on the current version of Safari and Verizon Yahoo for many years. For the last few months, Verizon Yahoo email has functioned extremely slowly. It's not the internet connection since everything else functions normally. When we switch to Firefox, the problem disappears. Is the problem coming from Safari? Any solution?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:36 PM

If you are running 10.6.8, Safari is not supported any more so it isn't keeping up with changes. Firefox is still supported, which is probably why it works better. Only solution for Safari is to upgrade your OS.

7 replies

Mar 6, 2015 6:27 AM in response to alanfromny

You might want to update your profile to show you are using 10.10.2. My comment was based on your profile of 10.6.8. Apple is supporting Safari 8.0.3.

Somethings to try. Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site.

Mar 6, 2015 8:18 AM in response to Eric Root

Unfortunately my pleasure was premature. Things worked well for a while but now the same slow down (so far less severe) has started again. Appears to be some sort of incompatibility between Verizon Yahoo and Safari as other web sites work normally on Safari. Hence it is not a connection speed or hardware issue as farms I can see. So back to Firefox unless you have some more ideas.

How can you make Verizon Yahoo email work with Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.