Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

guest network

Hello, I have the newest airport extreme and I have tried to create a guest network. it shows up in the wifi list but it says it is unable to connect. I have a shared drive accross my personal network and I would prefer for my guest be on a diffrent network. and also when the guest network is working will the home Wi-Fi network be faster than the guest network. I would really like your help.

Thanks

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:42 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 1:56 PM in response to tcboll

The guest network feature requires that your AirPort Extreme be connected to simple modem to work correctly and obtain Internet access. A simple modem looks something like this:

User uploaded file

The guest network feature will not work correctly if the AirPort Extreme is connected to a modem/router, a device that is often supplied by Internet Service Providers with their service. A modem/router will look something like this:

User uploaded file

So, the first troubleshooting question here would be what type of modem that you have. If you are not sure, post back with the make and model number of the device that you call your "modem".

Mar 5, 2015 3:09 PM in response to tcboll

Could you please answer the question(s) that I asked above, and repeated below, so that we can verify whether you have the correct type of modem that will allow the guest network feature to operate correctly?

So, the first troubleshooting question here would be what type of modem that you have. If you are not sure, post back with the make and model number of the device that you call your "modem".

guest network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.