Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get a text file of my presenter notes?

The subject line is the question.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:30 PM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2015 9:48 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Strange coincidence Gary - I wanted to do this very thing this afternoon! It led me to thinking it would be nice if Apple had an Export to Pages option (especially since these Apps are very connected)! Here's why:

The notes in my Presenter Notes field are really big (40pt), so that I can see them from some distance away on the stage - I customise the Presenter View (thanks for fixing that Apple!) to maximise the notes field width across my laptop screen and as high as possible, so I can get a lot on there if I need. Still, like many presenters, you just can't trust a strange auditorium and conference organisers . . . they may not allow a laptop on the podium (this has happened several times) or they refuse a set up with an extended desktop and insist on mirroring. Therefore, I always take a paper back-up just in case. Keynote has several alternatives via Export PDF with notes. And via the Print command, which allows me to have 4 slides on the LHS of a landscape A4 page and 3-4 lines of notes on the RHS, but not at 40 pt! I have to go through and reduce the size of the Presenter Notes font before doing this. Now, if Apple allowed us to export to Pages or Print to Pages (as we can do to a PDF), then at least I would have everything in an editable format.

Hope all well up in Scotland! I found there was a UK Mac journalist who writes for MacFormat (which I now receive in place of the sadly gone MacUser) also called Gary Scotland.

How can I get a text file of my presenter notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.