Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore iphone backup

Hello. I need to restore my iPhone backup. I do not ever remember password protecting my sync/backup. The restore is asking for a password. I do not know what to do.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:31 PM

7 replies

Mar 5, 2015 4:37 PM in response to P2e5i3u5

I do not know what to do.

You cannot used the encrypted backup without knowing the password.

Try to remember, if you don't, this is a security feature and cannot be bypassed.

If you can't remember the password and want to start again, you must perform a full software restore and choose set up as a new device when iTunes prompts you to select the backup from which to restore.

Mar 8, 2015 10:32 AM in response to ckuan

You appear to be very conversant with my 'restore' issue & perhaps the iPhone in general. We are close to getting a new device. I am pretty sure that I know where the backup is located; C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup/826f9799265eacb9f351f7d28bf3d88fd37bd78c/Manifest.pl ist. After we get the new device & before I sync/backup can I delete this file to allow me to start the backup process anew?

restore iphone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.