Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Absolutely Furious With Garageband Since Update

I have always gotten on well with Garageband until the last update that I've reluctantly agreed to. Now the tracks are apparently too large to send by email and I can't find a way to send it to iTunes. Not only that, but now my music software, Reason, will not open these files because it's an 'unsupported format', something that was never a problem before the last update. I don't know what the **** went on since the last update but I'm really not impressed. I am basically screwed now.

Am I just missing something here or have they changed the file format as well as what used to be an easy way of getting it onto my PC?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:09 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 8:22 AM in response to raining_at_sunset

Which version of GarageBand have you updated to?

nd I can't find a way to send it to iTunes.

Does this no longer work? http://help.apple.com/garageband/iphone/2.0/index.html#chs39284d66

Send a GarageBand song to iTunes

• Tap the Navigation button User uploaded file in the control bar, tap My Songs, then tap Select.
  • Tap the song you want to send, then tap the Action button User uploaded file.
  • Tap Share Song via iTunes.
  • Do one of the following:
    • To send the song as a GarageBand song, tap GarageBand.
    • To send the song as an audio file, tap iTunes, then tap Share.
    After you tap the iTunes icon, you can choose the quality of the file GarageBand sends to iTunes. You can also add artist, composer, and title information that appears in iTunes.
  • Sync your iPhone or iPod touch with your computer.In iTunes, the exported song appears in the Documents list in the File Sharing area when GarageBand is selected.
  • Do one of the following:
    • Drag the song from the GarageBand Documents list to the Finder.
    • Click Save As, navigate to the location where you want to save the song, then click Save.

You can open the GarageBand song in GarageBand on your Mac, or play the audio file in iTunes (or any compatible audio application) on your computer. GarageBand songs cannot be opened on a Windows computer.

How do you export the songs to Reason, if Mail and iTunes Export did not work?

Not only that, but now my music software, Reason, will not open these files because it's an 'unsupported format', something that was never a problem before the last update.

Absolutely Furious With Garageband Since Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.