Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't associate my MacBook Air with my Apple ID.

When I check "My Account" in the iTunes store, it tells me my MacBook Air is not associated with my Apple ID. It does recognize my wife;s iPad and iPhone, and we both use the same Apple ID. Any suggestions?

Note: I just downloaded Yoswmite. Could this be the issue?

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:22 PM

Are you having an issue? (apart from you Mac not appearing)

MorrisMac1 wrote:

When I check "My Account" in the iTunes store, it tells me my MacBook Air is not associated with my Apple ID.

It doesn’t need to be.

Your Mac will only show up if you have iTunes prefs > Store > Automatic downloads enabled or you have redownloaded previous purchases (as to states).

If you do not have iTunes prefs > Store > Automatic downloads or have not redownloaded anything, your Mac name will not appear.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 4:22 PM in response to MorrisMac1

Are you having an issue? (apart from you Mac not appearing)

MorrisMac1 wrote:

When I check "My Account" in the iTunes store, it tells me my MacBook Air is not associated with my Apple ID.

It doesn’t need to be.

Your Mac will only show up if you have iTunes prefs > Store > Automatic downloads enabled or you have redownloaded previous purchases (as to states).

If you do not have iTunes prefs > Store > Automatic downloads or have not redownloaded anything, your Mac name will not appear.

Mar 5, 2015 6:04 PM in response to MorrisMac1

MorrisMac1 wrote:

Thank you very much for your response. It steered me in the right direction

Right direction for what? Are/were you having an issue?

I found that clicking on "Store" on the iTunes menu bar opens a dropdown menu that contains the command "Authorize this computer."

This still won’t make it show up under you iTunes account.

iTunes doesn't associate my MacBook Air with my Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.