Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini bluetooth issues

2011 mac mini 2.7GHz i7 8gb bluetotth 4.0

hey all!

anyone else having connectivity issues? i have a 6+, two mac b.t. keyboards & meeses, and a third party b.t. foldable keyboard that i used with my old android note 2.

had some serious issues and been on with tech support for four days in a row, escalated up and up. and this mornings tier two tech was trying to say my keyboard was at fault for not being able to do a force boot (command opt. r) or any other startup commands.

but i've just tried airdropping from my mac mini now running yosemite to my 6+ and it keeps telling me to go ƒ@*∫µ myself.

I've done some interwebbing and saw some stuff about '08-'09 b.t. but those were i think b.t, 2.0's?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:38 PM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2015 9:45 AM in response to Community User

Make sure your batteries are fully charged.

Get a USB keyboard from Apple, MacAlly, or Logitech for Mac as those support the boot key sequences.

Make sure you don't have any other Bluetooth devices in discoverable mode in range (35 feet, 15 meters), including iPhones unless they are syncing with the computer. Speaking of batteries, the PRAM battery on the Mac Mini may need replacing soon, and could start making issues for all peripherals. At 4 year anniversary that's when issues tend to begin.

mac mini bluetooth issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.