Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud & iPhoto demise

I quote :https://www.apple.com/my/osx/photos-preview/?cid=CDM-MY-P0016475-Aperture&cp=em- P0016475-335251&sr=em with the impending demise of iPhoto and a new Photo app becoming available in the not too distant future, it seems to me, the way Apple is marketing this new Photo App, is so that a picture I take on my iPhone will be sent to iCloud similarly all my pictures on my iPhoto in my iMac will also be moved to iCloud wether I like it or not. I might be wrong, but I have a few questions :

1) who pays for the pictures taken on my iPhone, iPad to go to iCloud

2) who pays for my photos in iPhoto to go to iCloud.

3) what if I don't want to use iCloud , as it is often unavailable, at all and prefer to keep all my data including pictures on my iPhone, iPad and transfer them manually to my iMac as I have been doing for years, and then transfer then to an external HD as I have been doing for years as well.

4) what If I want to keep iPhoto and not use this new Photo app?

thanks,

swaza

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:06 PM

9 replies

Mar 5, 2015 10:43 PM in response to Swaza

Use of the Cloud is not mandatory. That much is in the public domain. So too is the fact that you have an allowance of cloud space for free and for more you pay a monthly charge. Also in the public domain: iPhoto will continue to run on Yosemite. No one knows what happens in the next version of the OS.

Mar 5, 2015 10:57 PM in response to Yer_Man

HI Terence, thanks for you comment.

I Understand about the 25 GB quota provided by Apple & having to pay for extra space should one require it. My comment/query was directed more at the fact that although one might have 25GB of Storage proved for Free by Apple, assuming one uses the 25GB or more to have one's photos, tunes, data etc one still has to pay to get it there via ones' ISP .

SO, someone like me, who has some 9 GB of Pictures I'm more than a little worried IF I would HAVE to send my Pictures to iCloud via my ISP

iCloud & iPhoto demise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.