Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't sync all contacts to iCloud

I've got a new iMac with OS X Yosemite version 10.10.2 and it won't sync all of my contacts to iCloud... it only syncs some of them. I have tried turning iCloud off for my contacts on both my iPad and my iPhone5s (those two devices have all the contacts fine) then turning it back on after 15 mins. I have tried manually backing up my iPhone and iPad to the computer.. i have restarted my devices.. none of the above has worked.. any other suggestions how to sync all of my contacts to iCloud?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:01 PM

3 replies

Mar 7, 2015 1:06 PM in response to peterhazemassage

Hey there peterhazemassage,

I see that you are having some issues with contact syncing. While you have tried some helpful troubleshooting steps, further steps for troubleshooting this issue can be found in this article as well:

Get help using iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-za/TS3998

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

-Braden

Mar 7, 2015 10:13 PM in response to braden85

Hi Braden, thank you for the reply. However I have been unsuccessful at getting my mobile devices to sync to my iMac.. it seems to be a one way street. I can add contacts to my mobile devices from my imac however i cannot sync contacts from my mobile devices. I have tried everything listed on both of those links. I have been here for most of today trying to sort it and it just won't take whats on my iPhone or iPad as a contact and I NEEd to be able to make contacts on my phone and have it sync to my iMac. It's quite urgent :/

iPhone won't sync all contacts to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.