Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the channel used by Airport Supreme cause problems?

I have problems with my wireless system using the Airport Supreme on my Mac Pro. Streaming movies and internet use on my iPad cut off and often I find that my internet service is down. I need to contact the cable company which resets the modem. The Tech at the cable company tells me the problem is that my Airport Supreme is on a channel where there is interference and the channel needs to be changed. Does this make sense. If so, how does one change the channel, and how do you know what different channel to use?

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:46 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 3:56 PM in response to brantleyestates

I answered on your main thread.. where I already answered.

Changing channels is not relevant.. as soon as you reboot the main router or the AE it will auto select channels that are not going to interfere.. you are being kept in the dark and fed bulldust.. (this is called the mushroom syndrome) but please answer the questions in the thread.

Does this make sense.

No

If so, how does one change the channel

User uploaded file

Just so you know.. go to wireless options.. and change the channel from auto.. to a number.

how do you know what different channel to use?

Trial and error.. test 2.4ghz on 11, 9, 6, 1

The reason even a wireless survey is useless is because every time a router tests wireless it can change channels.. every time it restarts it picks the channel least used. There is no such thing as a best channel.. for all time.. because all the routers in your area are playing musical channels. Everytime you check it can be different.

Does the channel used by Airport Supreme cause problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.