Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iOS 8 Video app is unreliable

I have stopped using the Video app on both my iPad and iPhone because it is not streaming very well. I'm running iOS 8.1.3. I like to watch movies and shows on my iPad, but can't anymore because of the poor steaming quality of the app. The Netflix, YouTube and Amazon video apps work very well and rarely have any problem steaming. The problems I'm having with the Apple app is that often steaming just stops and when I press play to start it again, it then stops again within seconds and then this repeats over and over. Or streaming a video takes a very long time to load. Or a steaming video has its audio and video out of sync. As I've stated previously, this doesn't happen with other streaming applications. This isn't being caused by weak wifi signal or slow internet speed, as both would affect other applications. Plus I have measured signal stength and it is ok. Do you have any ideas on what could be the problem or what further I could look into to troubleshoot this issue?

iPad, iOS 8.1.3, iPad Video won't stream

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 3:31 PM

3 replies

After iOS 8 Video app is unreliable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.