Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD and Logic Pro X

Hi Guys,

Recently bought a 512 SSD to replace my 500 SATA in my 2010 Macbook Pro(8GB RAM) as it was slowing down a tad. I have always kept a Time Machine backup on a spare hard drive i have which i update weekly (well, almost weekly..)

I have heard from someone at my university that when they bought a SSD and used there time machine backup to restore it, all of their plug-ins, effects etc needed to be reautharised. I have collected plug-ins for years and have no idea on their authorisation codes so am a lil' worried about using Time Machine.

I heard that CarbonCopyCloner is better to use as it its more accurate in restoring hard-drives?

So the question is, can I use CarbonCopyCloner to clone my current SATA Hard-drive on to my spare hard drive, and then replace the SATA with the SSD and use the spare hard drive with the cloned SATA on to avoid having to reauthorise everything...

Bit wordy i know.. but any help appreciated in the best way to go about this.

Regards, Dan

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:14 PM

There are no replies.

SSD and Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.