Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backed up my iCloud and didn't get my pictures or songs back

Just got a new phone and I sign into my iCloud and all my pictures and songs didn't come back even tho I backed up my old phone before resetting it

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:17 PM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2015 5:42 PM in response to valeriieee_xo

The only photos that get backed up are your Camera Roll photos. Your Photo Stream photos for the past 30 days (up to 1000 photos in that timeframe) should download as soon as you sign onto iCloud on your device and turn on Photo Stream.

Your Purchased Music should have automatically downloaded to your device based on the backup information.

Was the music all purchased under the Apple/iCloud ID you signed on to your new device?

You can manually re-download your purchased music to your device by going to the iTunes app and then click on More>Purchased>Music>Not on this Phone, then click on the little cloud to download the music. If you want to do it all in one process, connect the device to iTunes on the computer you sync with and sync your music back.

Cheers,

GB

Mar 6, 2015 10:26 AM in response to valeriieee_xo

And you set up the new device using a backup of the old device? If so, are you certain you selected the most recent backup. Because, again, the Camera Roll that was saved from that device at that moment in time is what would be restored to your new device.

Is it possible that you did not have any photos on the actual Camera Roll (not any other albums - just the Camera Roll album - you may have had a lot of photos in other albums, but those are not in the backup) when you did the backup?

For the Photo Stream photos, are you indicating that photos that you took within the last 30 days are not showing up?

Cheers,

GB

Backed up my iCloud and didn't get my pictures or songs back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.