Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I enter Time Machine I have only black windows

I can't see any of my backups - just black windows. It has regularly been running the backups, seemingly with no problem, no error messages. But when I enter Time Machine - only black windows. THe light on the Time Capsule shows green. I tried unplugging it, letting it rest for awhile, plugging it back in again. I've tried turning Time Machine off and back on again. Tried restarting the computer. No dice. (I have a clone of my hard drive, so it's not a disaster.)

I will be grateful for help.

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:11 PM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 9:26 AM in response to CD27

See if this helps. To see all mounted volumes shift - command - c. Information learned from Linc Davis.

If not try resetting the Time Capsule. See pages 28 and 29. Using Airport Utility (page 29), I don’t see the options the manual says are there. I have done a reset and a full reset (page 28) many times and it has always straightened out the Time Capsule.

Time Capsule Manual

When I enter Time Machine I have only black windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.