Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover text messages from an old Iphone that has now been wiped? Some of my messages got lost in between the process of turning my old phone in for a new one-which I have since restored from a backup a few days old

In the process of exchanging my defunct Iphone for a new one, some important text messages were lost. The messages obviously did not transfer over to my new phone as I had to restore my new phone from a backup performed a few days ago. Is there a special trick that will allow me to somehow enter my cell number, since it is still the same, in order to recover texts that were received in between wiping my old phone and getting a new one?

iPhone 5s, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:23 PM

There are no replies.

Can I recover text messages from an old Iphone that has now been wiped? Some of my messages got lost in between the process of turning my old phone in for a new one-which I have since restored from a backup a few days old

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.