Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not syncing from MacBookPro to iPhone 5

I made a new group of contacts on my MacBookPro. They won't sync to my IPhone 5. They are on the ICloud. What gives?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:02 PM

5 replies

Mar 7, 2015 3:29 PM in response to jeremy_v

You have to check if those two devices are connected to one iCloud account. And also go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Contacts - Default account - Make sure the default account is connected to iCloud. Same goes to your Mac. On the Mac symbol click on it, then go to System preferences - iCloud - then make sure contacts is checked. Those are the ways to make sure that your devices are synced. I hope this helps.

Aug 27, 2016 10:00 AM in response to BeéLovedEst

My problem is similar - trying to synchronize contacts FROM my Mac Book Pro (With El Capitan) TO my iPhone 6s...

It does not work. However, synchronizing contacts FROM my iPhone 6s TO the Mac Book Pro (With El Capitan) works just fine. Do I have to use the phone as "master unit" and the laptop a the "slave" unit...and accept that sync from laptop to phone in not possible?

Other people (other Mac users say that their synchronizations work fine both ways...

I am very frustrated (again with Apple)

Please advise

Börje Norhager

Contacts not syncing from MacBookPro to iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.