Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not sending verification code

I had an old account I used only occasionally for iTunes. Got a used iPhone a couple of months ago, and I want to use my account now to keep track of my contacts etc. I logged in to iCloud.com, and got this message:

You must update your Apple ID to use iCloud.

Take a moment to review and update your account information.

Cancel | Continue

So I clicked Continue, and then got this:

Verify Email Address

Your Apple ID email address must be verified before you can

sign in. Verify the address below or choose a different address.

[box for email address]

Cancel | Continue

The box had my proper email address, so I clicked Continue, and then I got this:

An email with a verification code has been sent to

(my email address). Enter the code here:

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Didn't get an email?

Send a new code

Go Back | Verify

And I have not received a code. When I mouse over "Didn't get an email", it says:

Check your Junk mail folder or wait a

few minutes. If you're still having

trouble, you can request a new code.

I've tried clicking "Send a new code", I've checked my spam folder repeatedly, I've signed out and signed back in, I've waited a few HOURS, and nothing. My husband sent a message to my gmail account and it got through fine. What do I do?

iPhone 4, Windows 8.1, Chrome browser

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:11 PM

2 replies

Mar 7, 2015 1:41 PM in response to linn.s

Hello linn.s,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Apple ID and iCloud. If you still aren't receiving your verification email, you may find the steps outlined in the following article helpful, up to and including contacting Apple Support directly if necessary:

If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

not sending verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.