Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help - iTunes Windows not showing all music

I just discovered this - my iPhone has all my music and albums and artists are all correctly labeled and organized. my Win7 PC is all screwed up.

I'm not sure how/when this happened but at the moment about 700 songs are showing up in itunes without Artist, Album, or Genre info. In some cases, a few songs show up in the Album view and the rest are just missing. The only way I found them is by either viewing by Sony or doing a search. Most albums are still missing if I uncheck Group by Compilations.

All the songs are on my PC. I found them in 2 folders - iTune/iTunesMedia/Music seems to be what is displaying in iTunes. All of the ones missing info are in the Unknown Artist or Compilations folders. They are in this folder and sub-grouped by Album and in Windows Explorer they still have the correct Album and Artist info showing. The weird thing is most of these are not compilations. I also have another folder /iTunes/Music that seems to have the correct folder structure but I don't think iTunes is using this folder.

I have tried several things. First i tried copying the songs/folders from either the 2nd database or from the Unknown Artist folder in the iTunes/iTunesMedia/Music folder. This did not change anything in iTunes.

I also tried deleting the iTunes library file and starting a new one. This also did not work but when it scans it brings up 2 copies of every song.

I tried manually importing a folder and selecting each album but this did not work, presumably since the songs are already in iTunes but not labelled correctly.

Is there a way to fix this? Remember my iPhone is fine and I do not want to have to manually update the info for each song/album to re-organize it.

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:51 PM

1 reply

Help - iTunes Windows not showing all music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.