Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending email from a domain that I own (but no account for it on iPhone)

iOS 8.1.3, iPhone 6

I'd like to be able to send email from the iPhone's mail app using a FROM address of abc@mydomain.com. I own mydomain.com and abc has an email account there.

But I don't want to install an account for abc@mydomain.com on the phone (it's a POP account which would involve a lot of fetching, among other reasons).

Any way to accomplish this on the iPhone?

(FYI, GMail allows this, and provides a procedure for verifying that the user actually controls the email address.)

Thanks / Tom

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:58 PM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2015 10:55 AM in response to ckuan

Thanks, that works!

Well, not exactly. I had to fill in the outgoing server settings, but used a bad password. The iPhone reported that the account might not work properly, but it did light up DONE and I was able to save the config.

So now when I'm in an app that allows email, I can scroll through the available "FROM" settings and pick the one I need.

(I just hope this is not taking advantage of a bug in the setup dialog which Apple will close in a future release.)

Sending email from a domain that I own (but no account for it on iPhone)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.