Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading photos and movies from iPhone to iPhoto and there were unreadable files

I was downloading photos and movies from my iPhone to my iPhoto library on my iMac and there were unreadable files. The file is an unrecognized format. I took it on my iPhone how could it be the wrong format??? I've had my iPhone 6 since thanksgiving and I haven't downloaded anything since then. HELP!

iPhone 6 is updated to IOS 8.1.3

imac is OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:21 PM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 12:15 PM in response to Yer_Man

I too have the same problem and have tried holding down the option key etc...same effect. Also noted despite there only being 30 photos and lots of free space on my iPhone, it takes several minutes to load the thumbnails. Finally, iPhoto appears to believe that I have my camera SD card inserted also (showing in left side of screen) but this is not the case.

Unloaded images have .jpg extension according to error message.

Downloading photos and movies from iPhone to iPhoto and there were unreadable files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.