Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad2 restore failed due to cable disconnect

Hello, I have an ipad2. I was trying to restore the ipad due to lost password. During the restore, the cable got disconnected.

Now I have an unusable ipad. It stays on itunes/recovery screen.

When I connect it to the laptop, it tries to do restore/update then it comes back 'The ipad could not be updated. The device cannot be found'.

My computer's USB does not recognize this ipad due to corrupted firmware as a result of failed restore.

What can be done?

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 8:13 PM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 10:27 PM in response to j-raza

Hold both buttons and turn screen black again... What happens when you touch power button? does it turn back on to the itunes/recovery screen? Or try holding power button until you see the slide to power off appear... then hold both buttons for hard restart... If nothing else call Apple.. they will still help if you schedule a phone call online.. They will call you... no $$$$ needed...

Ipad2 restore failed due to cable disconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.