Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5C battery percentage wrong

Hello my iPhone 5C has been acting really strange lately with the Battery Percentage when using apps! For example when Im using Facebook, Instagram, Vine(etc.). My battery percent would go crazy, 1 second it would be at 100% then like 5 seconds later it would be 90%. But it starts to act out more when its in the 30% range, I would lock my phone and it would be like around 32% then 5 minutes later to check the time it would be at 26% without use! And then it starts to die off after by 5 percents, It does this until it reaches 10% then it goes directly to 1 percent after that. What Ive tried to do is that I did a soft reset , when it turned back on it was like 36%. Anyone else experiencing this? Any recommendations. Need help!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:16 PM

2 replies

Mar 7, 2015 2:30 PM in response to MonkeyLuv4237

Hello MonkeyLuv4237,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your battery indicator is acting a bit unexpectedly as your battery discharges.

If you haven't already, be sure to take a look at these tips for optimizing your iPhone battery use:

Apple - Batteries - Maximizing Performance

You may want to give these steps a try, and see if it improves the behavior you're noticing.

All the best,

Jeremy

iPhone 5C battery percentage wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.