Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

won't allow a new operating system

my intel Imac won't allow me to re-load a new operating system .the drive just ejects the disc

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:18 PM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2015 6:46 PM in response to youbor

You need to be much more descriptive of your issue, such as what iMac you own, what version of OS X is currently installed, what version of OS X you attempting to install and where did you get the install disc and what error messages you are receiving.

Please remember we are not there to look over your shoulder and rely on you to describe what the problem is in detail so we can determine what the problem is.

Mar 8, 2015 8:43 PM in response to rkaufmann87

my Imac is July 2007 20 inch version I had upgraded to 10.10 and the computer would not run well . So I thought I would do a fresh install of Snow Leopard . I would start-up holding the C button down ...but it would ignore the disc and start-up with the installed start-up system . I used tech tool to install an emergency start-up folder with 10.6 on a small partition . from there I erased my drive hoping to install a fresh system folder .I have apple install disc's for Leopard or Snow leopard .the drive ignores the discs and starts up under the emergency system folder .

won't allow a new operating system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.