Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questions about AppleCare

I Am wondering if anyone has been refused AppleCare service for not having proof of purchase? I have Late 2011 15.4" MacBook Pro 2.2ghz quad core i7 and want to get it checked out. I checked my machine's coverage with the Apple serial number checker and it shows a validated purchase date with service good till March 27, 2015. So, I plan on calling my local Apple Store to see if it will pose a problem, but just curious if anyone has had trouble before.... I believe it shouldn't pose a problem since the serial number is registered in their database.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Late 2011 2.2ghz Quad core i7

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:00 PM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 10:59 PM in response to mende1

Thanks for your reply Mende1... However, you reply isn't clear as to an answer to my question..... I am just wondering if an Apple Store really needs proof of purchase, even though my macbook pro's serial number shows coverage? I just don't want to get into a situation, where they say it's covered, then when I go pick it up after a repair they say I need some form of ownership, and without it I can't get my machine without paying...

Questions about AppleCare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.