Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite doesn't want to install for me

Okay, so for over quite some time, I've been wanting to download Yosemite in my iMac, however, every time I download it, it keeps on saying " This copy of the Install OS X Yosemite application is damaged, and can't be used to install OS X." Then it kept on saying to delete that copy and get another one, so I did that. It still keeps on telling me I got a damaged copy of it. I finally gave up, and came here. User uploaded file

Please help me on this situation, if you need any information about my iMac please do ask.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:30 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 7:35 PM in response to Gabriel "Clu37" Orozco

We can't help you. The problem is that you are having problem getting a proper download which means either your Internet connection is slow or your hard drive has a bad sector or you cannot get a good connection to the Apple servers which may not be working well. There's no easy fix you can do on your own. All you can do is contact Apple or find an alternative site from which to download.

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes

international calling numbers..

For Mac App Store: Apple - Support - Mac App Store.

For iTunes: Apple - Support - iTunes.

Yosemite doesn't want to install for me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.