Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 and iTunes 12 Restore Compatibility Error.

So I got the iTunes 12. The Red iTunes logo and all. My iPhone 4 Goes into iTunes recovery whenever I start it up. But the iTunes logo is blue cause I havent updated it. When i do it freezes on verifying update with apple. This leads me to believe apple stopped signing iPhone 4 ios's. Please Help if you can, when I unplug i get error 9. thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:29 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 9:44 PM in response to xlowprofilex

If you are indicating that your device is showing the Recovery Mode screen, then the color of the iTunes logo is not an issue.

First, see if you can get out of Recovery Mode by doing a Restart: Hold the Power button down until the Slide to Power Off screen displays. Once it displays, slide it to power off the device. Then power it back on again and see if you have exited Recovery Mode.

If you have not, follow the instructions in this Support Article to recover and restore your device:

IOS RECOVERY MODE RESTORE

Once you get your device restored, do the update via iTunes on the computer. You will find that it does the update much more easily that way. It is not dependent on your Wifi speed and does not require as much available storage on your device to do the update.

Cheers,

GB

iPhone 4 and iTunes 12 Restore Compatibility Error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.