Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5c keeps rebooting/shutting down by itself.

I have been using iphone 5c for the past 1.5 years.Just after the warranty period got over , I am facing this restart issue.

iPhone keeps on shutting down even when i have half the battery life.

I am using the latest iOs update 8.1.3 .

Can anyone suggest a solution for this issue.?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:13 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 12:01 AM in response to appleajith

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using a backup.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If it still shuts down, and depending on the use of the phone, this could be the battery.

You shouldthen get your phone checked by visiting an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place.

You can also contact Apple Support and talk to them. They can check the battery online, or visit this page to do that: iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Click on Apple Support, then on ->Battery, Power &Charging ->Battery questions and troubleshooting, and follow the instructions.

Iphone 5c keeps rebooting/shutting down by itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.