Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I unable to update apps on my iPad 2? When I go to the update tab in the Apps Store the Update All option is always desensitized and pressing the Update button next to an App listing simply opens that app.

Why am I unable to update apps on my iPad 2? When I go to the update tab in the Apps Store the Update All option is always desensitized and pressing the Update button next to an App listing simply opens that app.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6, None

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:25 PM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2015 1:02 AM in response to Antonius41

Try the standard troubleshooting steps in this order:

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). No data will be lost.

Restore: Connect your device to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

See here: Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings ...

Mar 6, 2015 3:37 AM in response to Annarack

I've had to same thing happen to me from time to time. I downloaded the apps to iTunes on my iMac and then synced my iPad to update the apps.

If that doesn't work, view the apps in iTunes & see if they're still compatible with your iOS. They shouldn't show an update available if they're not, but the App Store can get glitchy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.