Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a title caps template?

Is it possible to create a template so that text automatically Is In Title Caps Format Like This? I want to then import it to my iPad.

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 1:33 AM

Hi Naomi,

You can do that in a Text Box. Select the text and

Menu > Format > Font > Capitalisation > Title Case

Menu > Format > Advanced > Define as Placeholder Text

User uploaded file

Save as Template.

Open the Template and click on the Placeholder text.

Type in lower case (hello world) to replace the Placeholder Text to see Title Case

User uploaded file

Or you can do it in a Word Processing document (in the body text, not a Text Box.)

Edit: further testing you can have either a Text Box or Body text in a WordProcessing document and it will work when you type in lower case.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 1:33 AM in response to naomiUK

Hi Naomi,

You can do that in a Text Box. Select the text and

Menu > Format > Font > Capitalisation > Title Case

Menu > Format > Advanced > Define as Placeholder Text

User uploaded file

Save as Template.

Open the Template and click on the Placeholder text.

Type in lower case (hello world) to replace the Placeholder Text to see Title Case

User uploaded file

Or you can do it in a Word Processing document (in the body text, not a Text Box.)

Edit: further testing you can have either a Text Box or Body text in a WordProcessing document and it will work when you type in lower case.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

Mar 6, 2015 1:56 AM in response to naomiUK

Open a new document in a blank template. Simply select Format ▸ Capitalization ▸ Title Case. The body paragraph window will now show a blue update box. Click that to update the style. There is no need to type anything in this document. Just save it as a template, and the next time you use this Title Case template, just start typing in Title Case.

How do I create a title caps template?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.