Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo won't download email anymore on one particular device

I have two iPhone 5Ss, both using the same Yahoo email account. I've had it this way for years.

Today, randomly, Yahoo emails stopped downloading to one of them. (Using the native Mail app.) The other one works just fine.

The problem phone has storage space available.

Things I've already tried:

- restarting the phone

- deleting the Yahoo account off the phone and reinstalling it. Now it shows absolutely no email. At the bottom of the screen it will say 3 Unread messages, but in the main view it says "No Mail".

- deleting old email in Yahoo, using the web client

What's the deal?

iPhone 5S running iOS 8.1.3.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 8:26 PM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2015 6:17 AM in response to MChollar

Howdy MChollar,

It sounds as if you are having an issue with receiving mail on one iPhone, but the same account (and most importantly using the same sign-in username and password info) functions correctly on another iPhone, and you have already tried deleting the mail account from the phone that is not receiving mail, re-adding it, as well as restarting the phone, is that correct?

If this is the case, there are a few things I would like to try for troubleshooting. First I would suggest quitting all applications on the iPhone with the issue, then relaunching the Mail application to test. See this article for instructions on how to quit individual applications -

Force an app to close in iOS

If the issue still persists, you may need to back up any data on the iPhone, erase it and set it up as a new device. See these instructions -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Yahoo won't download email anymore on one particular device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.