Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Created Playlists: Vanished!

Plugged or unplugged, my playlists do NOT appear on my device. I'm able to see my playlists on the computer, but for some reason several songs are missing from their respective lists. I've tried rebooting my device, syncing it multiple times and modifying my preferences; yet the issue remains. What do I do? I need help. I use this device for performances and I have scheduled events fast approaching.

On a relevant note, it seems I keep running into problems on a regular basis since receiving this device on Christmas Day 2014. Though to be fair Apple, this is not the first problem I've encountered with your ever "evolving" products which really is a shame. In the past, you were a remarkable piece of technology and worth every penny. Now, not so much. As much as having a designer label product tickles my ego pink, I've finally realized that my ego is ridiculous and so is your product.

Thank you for your fine services in the past and I hope your future creations are more successful than your present line-up.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:40 PM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Dezilicious

What's weird for my is that I have the same issue. No playlists showing at all, but all the music is loaded and appears under Artist, Compilations, Albums. The playlists appear for the Device when it is connected through iTunes on my Macbook Pro. I've rebooted the iPod, restored back-ups, etc. I also tried re-copying a playlist to the device, still not showing.

I'm at a loss to figure out how to get those playlists to appear. And this is a professional issue. I teach water aerobics - these playlists are important to me!

Mar 6, 2015 2:42 PM in response to lllaass

Hi Illaass,

Q:Do the songs play OK in iTunes on the computer?

A:The songs seem to work properly in the iTunes library, but playback on the device while connected to the computer refuses to play.

Q: Is there anything different about the syncing and non syncing songs?

A: For some reason ⚠ <--- this symbol appears when I try to playback music from the connected device in addition to the infamous gray, dotted circle. I've encountered the dotted circle before and I was able to fix this problem, but it does seem strange that it's decided to co-op with whatever Houdini-ed my playlists.

Q: Do other song now still sync to the iPod? To be honest, I haven't tried syncing any new songs to my device. I had hit my exasperation limit and decided it was best to walk away from the computer for a bit before seeking for online help.

Created Playlists: Vanished!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.