Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get to verify ID if ICloud won't let the owner in

I would like to know?

As a first time owner of an Apple device, how is it possible to verify your account in your ICloud email address, when you cannot login into it, though I am logged in here and logged into Apple home page that I could get this far.

It seems really amazing how simple this could be and yet it is the most difficult thing in the world.

Now that I have already used up my head (brains), energy and time in creating ID, will that ID now go to waste if I am going to be directed to "just create another ID".

I really don't understand how this can be secure.

Example; I get my device, thinking yes, let me get it all done before I have something else in my life to do.

My 10 year old email address, confirms it is where I will send my rescue ID.

I think perfect.

Then I go to install facebook, which directs me to enter my password, "mind you, I am already logged in my Apple ID".

Which now says I have to verify my Apple ID in my ICloud email address, where I have no folder for, like my 2 hotmail accounts and my two Yahoo account.

I trail through my settings where I find ICloud. I see it load in a frenzied spin to verify.

Then after that verification check, I see "Account Not Verified" "go to ICloud email to check verification link.

Ok, click, then touch on ICloud, enter my already "logged in" account to find, am not verified enough to enter my apple icloud email account, to verifiy, wait for it. My Apple ICloud account.

Hold on, now am getting "My account is already logged in, but am still not verified.

In the mean time, my mother is on her death bed and my sister needs a hand for all the pain she's having with the cancer and that.

Am presuming all my replies are going to my icloud account, which I can't get into, instead of my recovery hotmail account, which has no idea what problem I am facing.

But never mind, a gunius will fix it sometime later, hopefully without teling me "Why don't make a new ID"

Oh yes, it has been upgraded in less that 12 hrs of having the device and I have been trying with this device since 6pm - 6am UK London Time

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, First Time Device User

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:53 PM

1 reply

How do you get to verify ID if ICloud won't let the owner in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.