Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I need a wired keyboard to set up my new 2015 Mac Mini

Hi all, First time posting here so excuse my noob-ness

So i have just purchased a new (2015) Mac mini, apple wireless keyboard and trackpad, I am currently away at work and it is at home waiting for meet to unwrap its gloriousness... However after reading a few posts online (the most recent i can find is June 2014) a lot of people seem to have had issues with using the wireless keyboard and track pad for their initial mac mini set up....

So to get to my question... Do i need to get my hands on a wired keyboard and mouse to set up my mac mini or has this issue been resolved ? can i just open the 3 purchases up and get them all in sync ?

Thanks for any info on this topic 🙂

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:37 PM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2015 5:36 AM in response to fazza86

fazza86 wrote:

Do i need to get my hands on a wired keyboard and mouse to set up my mac mini or has this issue been resolved ? can i just open the 3 purchases up and get them all in sync ?

You can just open your 3 purchases, put batteries in your wireless KB and trackpad, turn them both on, hook your Mini to a monitor and turn on the Mini. During startup , it will search for your wireless KB and trackpad and walk you through pairing them to the Mini.

Will I need a wired keyboard to set up my new 2015 Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.