Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not purchase from app store invalid apple ID

I have an old email address that my brother used years ago as an apple ID.This email address doesn't exist today and I never ok'd it's use in the first place but every time I want to make a purchase from the app store that old email address comes up and I'm done.How do I delete it from the apple ID sign in screen ?

I clear it and put in my current apple ID email address but when I enter it with my password a screen pops up and says it's unauthorized due to the old one.

It's driving me nuts,

I'm new as of now wasn't aware of this valuable site as I'm sure there is alot of knowledge in it's members,

Thank You

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:56 PM

7 replies

Mar 5, 2015 10:22 PM in response to steveestee

If the old Apple ID is showing up when you are trying to update apps that just means that those apps were purchased under that Apple ID.

To resolve the problem you either need to find out (or reset) the password on that old Apple ID so you can type it in when asked, or you need to delete the apps and re-purchase (or re-download them if they were free) under your own Apple ID.

If you do the latter, make sure that your Apple ID is signed into iTunes. On the computer in the iTunes App, on the iDevice under Settings>iTunes & App Store.

Cheers,

GB

Can not purchase from app store invalid apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.