Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 13" mid 2012 keeps rebooting, randomly

I bought myself a beautiful Thunderbolt Display instead of a 5K iMac but .....

I use this with my MB Air 13' (which in the past was always connected to an external screen from samsung, btw what a difference!) and since day 1 the macbook reboots randomly. Even if the screensaver kicks in at a point it will reboot. When its at the login screen it even reboots. Sometimes after 6 hours sometimes after 10 minutes and 3 times per hour, pfffttt

I connected another Macbook 13" Early 2014 and the TBS runs without any problem as is the Macbook.

What do you suggest?

Thx a million for your replies

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 11:32 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2016 7:48 AM in response to Tjeerd_X. Van Sitteren

I have a Mid 2012 Macbook Air 13 inch and it is also behaving this way. However, I only notice this happening when there are too many things going on at the same time. For example:

- after adding a large gmail account to Mac Mail, the mail process takes up 25% of cpu while it indexes new items, and I run an App Store software update for iBooks. The system rebooted and I received the message "Your system restarted because of a problem".

- while watching a video in Safari on cnet in full screen, then I slide on over to check my mail, I open an attachment, then the system rebooted.

In idle or more calmer situations, it has not restarted itself.

I'm running Mavericks because I cannot upgrade to Yosemite or El Capitan without getting the same "Your system restarted because of a problem" during the upgrade.

Macbook Air 13" mid 2012 keeps rebooting, randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.