Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Number 3.0 Conditional formatting with check box?

With the iWork 2013 update, I can no longer figure out how to make conditional formatting based on a check box, in Numbers. Setting the conditional formatting trigger text to TRUE/FALSE or value to 1/0 has no effect. Have they removed this possibility or am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2011, quad i7 3,4Ghz, 8Gb RAM

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:24 AM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2015 3:31 AM in response to David Munch

David Munch wrote:

Ah, now I understand why I couldn't get it to work. Turns out that if you use a non-english interface, then TRUE/FALSE is also localized! Well, that sure is annoying.. The same goes for formulas, so I'm having a 'fun time' trying to figure out the translated equivalents of the english terms one use in daily speak.

Hi David,

Thanks for the green tick and feedback.

For your next trick, here is a method that uses the worldwide language of pictures.

Format Panel > Cell > Conditional Highlighting > Add a Rule > Text is... > click on the Cell Reference icon (see screenshot) > Click on Cell B1 (a Checkbox)

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

No need for TRUE/FALSE in any language.

Regards,

Ian.

Number 3.0 Conditional formatting with check box?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.