Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad shows no service after I upgraded

Apparently many are asking the same question with no answer, we upgrade our IPad only for it to show "No Service" in the upper left hand corner,,,,, we all would like to know why and how to fix this problem,,,, we have spent a lot of Money on our iPads, phones and computers to be ignored and not have this one question or solution answered by the people who designed the programs that causes this,,,,,

so if it's not asking to much please send me the FIX for this " No Service" when it's clearly connected to the Internet and my phone isn't having a problem, and neither is my computer,,,,,,, just my IPad......

Thanking you in advance for the solutio to this problem

<E-mail Edited by Host>

iPad 2, iOS 8, null

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 8:59 PM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2015 6:29 AM in response to Sclynch2000

Hey there Sclynch2000,

As I understand it, you updated your iPad software and now rather than your cellular provider you see No Service in the upper left corner. I would recommend using these troubleshooting steps from the following article to help you resolve this, named:

If you see No Service in the status bar of your iPhone or iPad

Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Remove the SIM card. If the SIM card is damaged, worn, or bent, or if it's too big or small for the SIM tray, contact your carrier for a new one. Then reinsert the SIM card.
  4. Check for a carrier-settings update: Connect to a Wi-Fi network, tap Settings > General > About, and install any available carrier-settings updates. If you can't connect to Wi-Fi, connect your device to a computer that has iTunes.
  5. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
  7. Contact your carrier to check for any network or account issues.
  8. Restore your iPhone.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

My iPad shows no service after I upgraded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.