Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off iCloud Keychain for good on iPhone

I have turned off iCloud Keychain (in fact I've never used it) on my Macs. But if I try to turn it off on my iPhone it just comes back as "Pending". I turn it off and it turns back on again. And once a day or so a text message hits my iPhone telling me that it's waiting for approval for iCloud.

All I want to do is turn it off for good. I don't want it. Any ideas short of putting my iPhone down the toilet (which would break my heart)?

Thanks,

Ian.

--

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:30 PM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2015 6:36 AM in response to Ian Piper

Hello Ian Piper,

If I understand correctly you are being prompted that your phone is waiting for iCloud approval even though you try turning it off in Settings. I would start by quitting the Settings app first:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, sign out of iCloud altogether, and repeat the above process one more time. Then sign back in and it should stay off.

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings

On your iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud, then at the bottom of the screen, tap Sign Out

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

How to turn off iCloud Keychain for good on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.