Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo library and iPhone/iPad storage space

Hi,

I use iCloud photo library beta for some time and it's a great feature for apple product. However, I'm a bit worried about what happend after some time. Now I have 20Gb of storage in iCLoud and 16Gb iPhone 6 and iPad air 2. On both of them is the "optimize iPhone/iPad storage" checked. What will happen after I would put 20Gb of photos to the iCloud and the iPhone and iPad wouldn't have enough storage to handle them (even when the photos are optimize)?

Thanks for any response or a link where it is discussed,

Jakub

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 1:24 AM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2015 1:34 AM in response to jakudo

Hi jakudo,

"optimize iPad/iPhone storage" means that photos don't have to take any storage capacity of your devices, if you are using your devices storage capacity e.g. for other content like music, apps etc. Your photos will be stored in the cloud and only a some of them are stored locally as long as you have storage space available. The only thing you have to do, is upgrading for more storage as soon as your passing the 20 GB.

With kind regards,

David

iCloud photo library and iPhone/iPad storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.